Wednesday, November 21, 2012

RISE of the GUARDIANS post 01

This Thanksgiving The RISE of the GUARDIANS opens in theatres everywhere. I had a great deal to do with nearly every aspect of the development, green light, and early production of this film, wearing many hats along the way. Over the next couple of months I will be sharing much of my experience as a development artist, story artist, and designer throughout the production. Above is one of my later development pieces of the villain, “PITCH”…the“Boogey Man” . Here I was playing with the idea of Pitch having to manifest/pull himself out of the darkness to take a brief, and eerie "human" form. I pushed hard throughout the entire development process (from late 2007) to not just treat Pitch like a dude in a costume, but only have him take a somewhat "human" form when needing to coerce or deceive (more on that later). In the end I lost that battle and the Pitch in the final film ended up being very much a dude in a costume. Making films is a long process with countless twists, turns, debates, and decisions along the way. This film was quite an adventure, and I will share much more on the overall development of The RISE of the GUARDIANS in the weeks and months to come. Happy Holidays all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Omar said...

I loved the movie, and Pitch was excellent. But I have to say your idea really adds a cool element I think would have worked even better.
Too bad it didn't get through!!

Regardless, great job on the film!

12:00 PM  
Blogger WASPart said...

I'll agree with Omar. Excellent work Master Prigmore! Stellar film. I hope it gets the traffic it deserves because the previews did not do it justice!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Alishea said...

This looks great! Thanks for sharing!

5:02 PM  
Blogger carmen salas said...

Please how I can contact you? my email is cmsr17@gmail.com I love what you do I need to find someone can answer me a couple of question about my studys (apologize for my bad english I'm learning )

6:48 AM  
Blogger SHANE PRIGMORE said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone, and thanks for the kind words. There is MUCH that did not make it to the screen Throughout the development of this film, and I will be sharing a lot of that part of the process over the next few weeks.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Here comes Christmas!

-Shane

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home